Spinach and Feta Quinoa Bites
Yield: Approximately 24
2 cups vegetable broth
pinch of sea sal
1 tablespoon coconut oil
½ cup red onion, small dice
4 cups of baby spinach
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
5 sundried tomatoes (from a jar), drained
½ cup feta cheese
salt and pepper to taste
3 eggs, beaten
To Cook Quinoa:
- In a fine mesh strainer, rinse dry quinoa under cold running water until water is clear.
- Transfer quinoa to large saucepan and toast over medium heat until water is evaporated and you smell a nutty aroma.
- Add water and salt. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand with the cover for 5 more minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute onion until softened. Add sundried tomatoes and garlic and saute 1-2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa spinach mixture, feta, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add eggs to quinoa and spinach mixture and stir well.
- Spoon mixture into mini muffin pan and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove and serve.