Yield: 6 5” pancakes
- 2 large green plantains (about 2 cups pureed)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (a generous pinch)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Extra coconut oil for frying
- Chop plantains into quarters and peel the individual pieces. Place them in the blender with the eggs and process until you have a smooth batter consistency.
- Add the vanilla, oil, salt and baking soda to the blender and process for an additional minute or two until very smooth.
- In a skillet or griddle, over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and pour batter until your pancake is the desired size.
- Let cook 4-5 minutes on the first side, until the top looks fairly dry with little bubbles in it.
- Flip! And cook on the second side for 1½-2minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding a little more coconut oil to your pan as needed.
Recipe: Courtesy of “The Paleo Mom” www.paleomom.com