Yield: Serves 2-4
1 pound wild caught cod fillet
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon minced shallot
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped cured olives
1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Rub cod with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
3. Place on a baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and roast until the fish flakes easily with a fork, (15 to 20 minutes).
4. In a small pan over medium heat, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
5. Add shallot and cook until slightly soft.
6. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring, until softened.
7. Add olives and capers and cook mixture 2-3 minutes more.
8. Stir in oregano and vinegar; remove from heat.
9. Spoon the tapenade over the cod to serve.