Yield: 12 pieces
1 15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed (“Eden Organic”)
¼ cup refined coconut oil (“Spectrum”)
2 large organic eggs
¾ cup natural (non-alkalized) cocoa powder (“Shiloh Farms”)
1 cup coconut palm sugar (“Wholly Wholesome”, “Sweet Tree”)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup dark chocolate chips (“Sunspire Organic 65% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Chips”)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan with coconut or grapeseed oil
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips. Blend until smooth. It should form a pudding like consistency.
- Pour the batter into a bowl and using a rubber spatula fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin tin.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are solid.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before using a fork gently remove from the muffin tin.
- Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days or in the refrigerator for longer.
Optional Toppings: Crushed walnuts, pecans, shredded coconut.