Easy Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice
Yield: Approximately 4 Servings
3 tablespoons coconut oil
½ cup onion, finely chopped
1 medium head cauliflower, florets removed
1 cup frozen peas
½ cup carrots, small dice
1 red bell pepper, small dice
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 inch piece of ginger root, peeled and grated
½ lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 eggs beaten
¼ cup tamari or coconut aminos (“Coconut Secret”)
1 tablespoon honey
2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Add the cauliflower florets in a food processor and process until the size of rice.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat coconut oil and saute onion for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add peas, carrots and bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes until soft.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tamari, honey, garlic, and ginger. Set aside.
- Add the beaten eggs to the vegetable mixture and cook through until well combined.
- Add the shrimp and saute until partially cooked (1-2 minutes)
- Stir in cauliflower rice and pour the sauce on top. Mix well and cook through for an additional 5-6 minutes until cauliflower is soft and tender.
- Garnish with scallions and serve.