Yield: 2-4 servings
1 cup quinoa
1 1/4 cups water
Pinch of salt
2 cups of pre-cooked lentils (I love Trader Joe’s steamed lentils in the refrigerator section)
¼ cup red onion, diced
1 cup cucumber, diced
½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
½ cup pitted kalamta olives, halved
1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
To Make the Dressing:
2 small garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup olive oil
salt and pepper
Cooking the Quinoa:
- In a fine mesh strainer, rinse dry quinoa under cold running water until water is clear.
- Transfer quinoa to large saucepan and toast over medium heat until water is evaporated and you smell a nutty aroma.
- Add water and salt. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand with the cover for 5 more minutes.
- Transfer quinoa to large bowl; fluff with fork. Let quinoa cool to room temperature.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients and mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.