Yield: 4 – 6 servings
2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil (“Spectrum”)
1 oz. pure dark chocolate (“Sunspire Chocolate Chips”)
2 large ripe avocados
2/3 cup raw cacao powder (“Navitas Naturals”)
½ cup coconut nectar (“Coconut Secret”)
Splash of coconut milk (as needed to reach desired consistency)
1-tablespoon natural vanilla extract (“Frontier”)
Pinch of sea salt
1. Place a small glass bowl atop a small pot of water about ¼ filled up. Bring water to a boil and let simmer.
2. Melt coconut oil and dark chocolate in the bowl, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
3. Place remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
4. Add the melted chocolate mixture in and blend well.
5. Pour into small bowls and refrigerate for 3-4 hours until firm or enjoy slightly warm and soft out of the blender.
Suggestion: Garnish with fresh strawberries, raspberries, cacao nibs, shredded coconut or toasted nuts.