Yield: 10-12 servings
1 ½ cups brown rice syrup (“Lundberg Farms Sweet Dreams”)
1 cup organic peanut or almond butter **Try “Sun Butter” for Nut-Free version
7 cups whole grain brown crisped rice cereal (“Barbara’s” or “Erewhorn”)
1. In a small saucepan, over low to medium heat, warm rice syrup and nut butter until liquefied and heated through but not boiling, about 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, pour cereal and using a rubber spatula, fold in warm nut butter mixture.
3. Lightly grease a 9×13-baking dish and pour rice mixture. Press into an even layer. Let cool (do not refrigerate) and cut into squares for serving.
1) Add “Sunspire” Grain Sweetened Chocolate or Carob Chips
2) Add chopped nuts
3) Add dried fruit (raisins, cranberries)