Yield: 4 servings
1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 large yellow onion, diced, 2 cups
1 medium zucchini, diced
4 cups vegetable stock
1 15 oz. can white beans, drained and well-rinsed
4 cups lacinato kale, chopped into bit size pieces
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1. In a large saucepan, over medium heat, heat olive oil and sauté onions 3-5 minutes until translucent. Add zucchini and cook 10 minutes more until vegetables are well browned.
2. Add stock and bring to a boil.
3. Stir in beans and kale and simmer 5 minutes or until kale is wilted.
4. Stir in lemon juice and lemon zest.
5. Season with salt and pepper.