Yield: Serves 4
1 large yucca
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Peel the yucca with a vegetable peeler and cut into 4-inch sections.
3. In a large pot filled with salted water, place the yucca sections and bring to a boil. Simmer about 20-25 minutes until fork tender.
4. Drain yucca and cut each section in half. Let dry well on a dish towel or tray. Remove the hard thread in the middle of yucca. Slice into ½ x ½ inch fries.
5. Toss yucca with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes until crisp and slightly golden brown on the outside and tender on the inside.
6. Season immediately.
1) Serve the fries with a squeeze of lime, a sprinkle of sea salt and chopped cilantro.
2) Serve with your favorite dipping sauce:
Cilantro Honey Mustard
In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons mustard, 2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped.
Spicy Chipotle Ketchup
In a small bowl, mix 4 tablespoons of organic ketchup and 1 teaspoon of chipotle chili powder.