Yield: 8 servings
1 cup millet
2 cups water
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup sunflower seeds, toasted (optional)
½ cup gluten free crumbs
½ bunch scallions, minced
1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
½ bunch parsley, minced
1 medium carrot, grated
1 tablespoon tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
3 tablespoons of coconut oil
1. Rinse millet in a fine mesh strainer. Drain well. In a medium sauce pot, dry roast over medium heat, stirring constantly water evaporates and you smell a nutty aroma.
2. Add water and salt and bring to a boil. Simmer 30 minutes covered until water is absorbed.
3. Transfer millet to a mixing bowl and let cool enough to handle.
4. Toast the sunflower seeds in a small sauté pan for 5-7 minutes and grind in a food processor.
5. Add seeds and bread crumbs to millet along with scallions, garlic, parsley, carrots and tamari. Wet hands before handling and squeeze the mixture together with hands until soft and sticky.
6. Form into 8 even sized croquettes.
7. In a medium sauté pan, over medium heat, pan fry in coconut oil on each side until golden brown and crispy.
8. Serve topped with tangy tahini dressing. (Recipe below)
Tangy Miso Tahini Dressing: In a small bowl, mix the following ingredients
¼ cup sesame tahini
2 tablespoons sweet white miso paste
1 tablespoon maple syrup
¼ teaspoon garlic, minced
1 cup water (more or less to desired consistency)