Yield: Approximately 36
Enjoy these delicious bites for an energy boosting breakfast, power snack or nutritious dessert.
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup organic creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon sea or pink salt
¼ cup coconut flour
½ cup dried fruit sweetened cranberries
½ cup pecans, chopped
3 tablespoons hemp seed
3 tablespoons ground flax seed
2 teaspoons cinnamon
To Cook the Quinoa:
1. Rinse 1 cup quinoa in a fine mesh strainer until water runs clear.
2. In a small saucepan, over medium heat add rinsed quinoa and 1 ½ cups of water.
3. Bring to a boil, cover and turn heat to low. Cook until water is evaporated (approx. 15 minutes). Turn off heat a let stand covered for additional 5 minutes.
4. Fluff with fork and set aside uncovered to cool.
5. In a medium sized bowl, combine the peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Form tablespoon sized cookies and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Place in the freezer to set for about 25 minutes. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.