Yield: 4 to 6 servings
2 cups quinoa
2 1/2 cups water
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
4 scallions, sliced thin
2 teaspoons, minced garlic
1 large bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped
¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
2 cups cucumber, small dice
1. In a fine mesh strainer, rinse quinoa under cold running water until water runs clear.
2. In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat, add wet quinoa and toast in pan stirring occasionally until all dry and you smell nutty aroma.
3. Add water to sauce pan, salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until water has evaporated (about 20 minutes). Let stand covered for another 5 minutes and fluff with a fork. The grains should have swelled to about 4 cups.
4. In a large bowl, mix together the warm cooked quinoa and the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve chilled or at room temperature.