Yield: Approximately 20 pieces
1½ cups pitted dates (can use Medjool dates for extra chewy), chopped finely
½ cup raw Cacao powder (“Navitas Naturals”)
3 tablespoons coconut nectar (“Coconut Secret”)
2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil (“Spectrum”)
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
½ cup chia seeds (whole or ground)*
1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract (“Frontier”)
pinch of sea salt
1. Place dates in a food processor until they form a paste.
2. Add cocoa powder, coconut nectar, coconut oil, shredded coconut, chia seeds, vanilla extract and sea salt.
3. Pulse until all ingredients are combined.
4. Using a tablespoon to measure, roll the dough into balls. They can be eaten immediately or placed in the fridge or freezer for a chewier texture.
5. Store in refrigerator.
*Use whole chia seeds for a crunchier texture
* For additional nutritional benefit add 1 tablespoon of Maca powder (“Navitas Naturals”)