Yield: 2-4 servings
1 bunch Lacinato kale, chopped into bit size pieces
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly roasted
3 tablespoons golden raisins
sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. On a baking sheet, toast pine nuts for about 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
3. Fill bowl with water and submerge chopped greens.
4. In a medium sauté pan, over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
5. Sauté onion until soft and translucent (5-7 minutes).
6. Lift greens out of water bath and add to pan. Sauté until greens are soft, about 2-3 minutes.
7. Add salt, pepper, garlic and raisins and cook an additional about 5 minutes until kale is wilted and raisins are softened.
8. Sprinkle with pine nuts, toss until well combined and serve.