Shrimp Pad Thai (Grain Free)
Yield: Serves 4
1 4lb spaghetti squash
1 teaspoon coconut oil (melted or spray)
½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
1 large carrot, grated
2 medium scallions, thinly sliced
To Cook Shrimp:
2 teaspoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1lb raw shrimp, peeled
1 tablespoon ginger root, grated
½ teaspoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons tamari
1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
1 ½ tablespoons organic peanut butter
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
3 tablespoons water (more or less to desired consistency)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out seeds. Spray cut open halves with coconut oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes to an hour until fork tender. Allow to cool.
- While squash is baking, make the sauce. Combine all ingredients in a blender or mini food processor until liquefied. Set aside.
- To cook the shrimp: In a medium sauté pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat, add garlic and shrimp and cook until shrimp is no longer translucent (approx. 3-4 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- When the squash is cool enough to handle, gently scrape squash with a fork to remove flesh in long strands and transfer to sauté pan with shrimp.
- Toss spaghetti squash and shrimp lightly. Pour the sauce along with cilantro, carrots and scallions. Mix well and serve immediately.