Yield: 6-8 servings
Avocado Pesto Sauce: Process in a blender until creamy.
- 1 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Course salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into large florets
- 4 large eggs, hardboiled and chopped small
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fill a large pot with 2 inches water. Insert a steamer basket and fill with the cauliflower. Cover with lid and cook for approximately 10 minutes after the water comes to a boil. Cook until slightly tender. Be careful not to overcook, this will cause a mushy texture.
- Remove cauliflower and allow to cool completely. Chop lightly into smaller florets or bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, celery and scallions.
- Add the chopped cauliflower. Fold in the pesto and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill in refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving.