Yield: Approx. 4 servings
Lemon Vinegarette Dressing: Process in a mini blender.
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese
To Cook Quinoa:
- In a fine mesh strainer, rinse dry quinoa under cold running water until water is clear.
- Transfer quinoa to a small saucepan and toast over medium heat until water is evaporated and you smell a nutty aroma.
- Add water and salt. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Do not stir.
- Remove from heat and let stand with the cover for 5 more minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, peas, mint, basil and walnuts.
- Add the dressing and feta cheese toss well.